Principled liberalismby Doris Martin, Gettysburg, Pa.
The article by Dennis Koehn (Speaking Out, Aug. 7) troubles me. What is principled liberalism? He seems to try to make a point out of a nonpoint. For a Christian there should only be biblical liberalism.
Jesus is more than a wise teacher or fervent prophet. He is the Son of God.
Anyone who knows John 3:16 also knows John 14:6. Jesus did teach that good works were essential for eternal life (Matthew 25), but he also taught knowing him was also essential (John 6:24).
Koehn made some good points, but he missed the main point. May he discover the Giver of Abundant Life before he wears out doing his good works.
Associated Issue: Facing illness and death
Associated Article: Principled liberalism
News stories, digests and Meno Acontecer
- Doves released during Täuferjahr in Switzerland
- AMIGOS increases its fund-raising goal
- Location encourages interchurch work
- MMA and Mennonite Financial join services
- Father-daughter team shares gifts for art
- Reba Place Church holds 50-year celebration
- Eight arrested during vigil on Hiroshima Day
- Justus G. Holsinger, mission worker, dies
- MDS to finish house for woman’s 100-year birthday
- Young adults begin MCC assignments
- Bethel College presents first San José check
- Missional worship
- The grass is greener across the border
- A unity that accepts our differences
- A new modesty movement?