World Fellowship Sunday is Jan. 27by Mennonite World Conference
STRASBOURG, France—Anabaptists in all parts of the world are invited to join their faith family in celebrating World Fellowship Sunday on Jan. 27.
This year two Africans, Hellen Bradburn and Matiku T. Nyitambe from Tanzania, have created worship material to mark this Sunday. They have chosen the theme “Worship and Serve the Lord Your God.” The materials include suggestions for worship, prayer requests from around the world, sermon prompts and a story. These resources provide a way for churches to enter more fully into fellowship, intercession and thanksgiving with the global faith family.
Mennonite World Conference asks Anabaptist-related churches to remember our common roots and celebrate our worldwide koinonia on a Sunday close to Jan. 21. On that date in 1525, the first Anabaptist baptism took place in Zurich, Switzerland. World Fellowship Sunday materials are online at www.mwc-cmm.org in English, French, Spanish, German and Portuguese.
News stories, digests and Meno Acontecer
- Mennonite groups find unity in Congo
- Hesston grad defuses Middle East crisis
- MCC donates to hospital in North Korea
- Support increases for Iraqi peacemakers
- Erick Sawatzky, seminary professor, dies
- Dancing on African time at EMU
- World Fellowship Sunday is Jan. 27
- Kidron Mennonite Church receives grant
- Hesston Mennonite Church installs organ
- New kiln to be installed at Laurelville
- New record for Nazareth Village
- Asian churches pursue merger with MWC
- Too hard on lectionary
- Our work or God’s work?
- Learn from recent leaders also
- Republicanism is Mennonite tradition
- Pastors’ questions are shameful
- Give a gift to Jesus