A gift of love amidst the sadnessby Paul W. Nisly, Grantham, Pa.
Thank you for the several essay-tributes in the April 1 issue. I was particularly moved by Leona Dueck Penner’s loving tribute to her mother (“Giving Thanks at Journey’s End”). With Penner, we could share a bit of the journey “of laughing and weeping” as she continued to love and support her mother during the “confusion, sadness and fear” of Alzheimer’s disease. In the sadness you offered us a gift of loving care, patience and insight.
Associated Issue: Faithful followers - April 1, 2008
Associated Article: Giving thanks at journey's end
- God empowers—we serve
- Joining the Anabaptist conspirators
- Radical ecumenism digs in the dirt
- My ensemble experience
- Search, click, give
News stories, digests and Meno Acontecer
- Shake up at MMA
- Goshen College student dies in automobile accident
- The sermons heard ’round the world
- Mennonite colleges, universities lead in ‘legacy’ students and alumni loyalty
- Quilting needles ‘powerful as hammers’
- MC USA churches buy some new wheels
- New fund helps with Gulf coast recovery
- Mennonite agencies provide aid to China
- Course offers EMS students context in Israel/Palestine
- MCC seeks $500,000 for cyclone response
- Mennonite history essential books announced
- New Mennonite Your Way directory compiled
- Lancaster bishops may ordain women
- Más sobre el trabajo de la Agencia Menonita de Educación
- Padres y Jóvenes, ¡la educación menonita es accesible!
- IBA visita las iglesias del Cauco Hispano de Nueva York
- ¿Sabía usted que ...
- Reflexión Pastoral: 3ª Parte
- Sitios Hispanos Menonitas en el Internet
- ¡Asamblea Bienal !!!
- Testimonio ...
- Retiro Anual de estudiantes de IBA
- Doing less smudging
- When prayer doesn’t work
- What is emergent?
- All stakeholders should be at the table