Expand CPTby Ronald J. Sider
It is time for top Mennonite leaders to take a dramatic new step and issue a daring new call for a vast expansion of Christian Peacemaker Teams. With only modest resources and less institutional support, CPT’s activities—and a host of other successful nonviolent campaigns in the last few decades—have demonstrated that nonviolence frequently prevents bloodshed and promotes justice. It is time for the Christian church—for the first time ever in our history—to invest large resources to test the possibilities of large-scale nonviolent campaigns ...
News stories, digests and Meno Acontecer
- Delegation finds Philippine peace elusive
- Colombian Mennonite activist slandered
- Pastors leaving for mostly good reasons
- Former Indiana pastor arrested in Ohio
- Gather ‘Round connects ages
- MCC, MDS respond to hurricanes
- Historical Committee announces essay winners
- Israeli soldier beats Palestinian at checkpoint
- MCC cosponsors dialogue with Ahmadinejad
- Executive Board OKs health-care plan
- Forgiveness without repentance
- Can places be holy?
- People in the pew left out
- Poisonous brew
- Resisting military recruiters
- Sharing space
- The greatest threat to peace
- Country first?
- FROM THE EDITOR: Election season policy