Argentine Mennonites expand missions
Tour after Paraguay 2009 will offer firsthand view of church planting.by Lynda Hollinger-Janzen
Mennonite Mission Network offers an opportunity to learn from Mennonites in Argentina who live and breathe mission.
From July 20 to 26, 2009, after Mennonite World Conference Assembly Gathered in Paraguay, Mauricio Chenlo and Edgardo Sánchez will lead a tour focusing on church planting and mission.
Edgardo Sánchez, Matias Quesada and others at worship in the Mennonite church in Neuquen, Argentina. Photo by Ryan Miller.
Chenlo, an Argentine and former mission worker in Ecuador, serves as a consultant and director of the Hispanic Church Planting Academy with Mennonite Mission Network. Sánchez is a leader of Iglesia Evangélica Menonita Argentina (Argentine Mennonite Church).
Chenlo encourages those who are interested in revitalizing their own congregations, as well as church planters, to join the tour and witness first-hand what God is doing in urban centers and remote Andean villages. He extends a special invitation to Hispanic church leaders and youth.
Chenlo hopes North American young people will be challenged by the vibrant energy that their Argentine peers bring to church life.
The tour will visit the capital city, Buenos Aires, before venturing into the Patagonia region and beautiful locations, such as Neuquén, Bariloche, Villa La Angostura and Esquel. Accommodations will include a retreat center in Buenos Aires, Mennonite host families in the Neuquén area and affordable cabins or hotels. For more information contact ArloaB@MennoniteMission.net or MauricioC@MennoniteMission.net.
- Young adults want peace, family in church
- A seat at the table
- An evangelical peace and justice church
- A young pastor’s perspective
- Uncluttering the call
News stories, digests and Meno Acontecer
- Complaint about no national anthem sparks 400 calls, e-mails at Goshen
- Web exclusive: Five reasons to stay in church
- MCC launches major appeal for Sudan
- Enrollment down at colleges, universities
- Young men bike to Paraguay 2009, raise funds
- Task force formed for The Mennonite
- Persecution in India affects meetings
- Argentine Mennonites expand missions
- Young adults set own agenda at retreat
- CPT Hebron project closes after 13 years
- Speaker on Heart to Heart dies at age 93
- MHS Alliance receives $30,000 grant
- Retiro anual de estudiantes de IBA, costa oeste
- Reflexión Pastoral - 9ª Parte
- Change is coming to The Mennonite
- Books on the church, Jesus and spirituality
- My congregation has shaped me
- On fences, Christ and a D.P.
- Spanish language
- Ron Rempel responds
- Peacemaking and Iran’s Ahmadinejad
- Peacemaking and Iran’s Ahmadinejad II
- Expand Christian Peacemaker Teams
- Expand Christian Peacemaker Teams II
- A contrarian view of consumption
- Good fiction teaches us to be empathetic
- Home Sunday schooling for those who miss