Israeili settlers attack Palestinian childrenby Christian Peacemaker Teams
AT-TUWANI, West Bank—On March 28, settlers sprayed two Palestinians in the face and eyes with some sort of aerosol, reports Christian Peacemaker Teams (CPT). Later, masked settlers drove through the village, shouting insults and throwing stones at Palestinian children and a woman carrying a baby. The masked settlers retreated into the trees of the Hill 833 settlement outpost but remained visible until Israeli military arrived.
The next morning, Israeli settlers harassed, intimidated, and attacked Palestinian children on their way to and from school in the village of At-Tuwani. Settlers yelled and threw stones at the children coming to school from the villages of Tuba and Maghayir Al Abeed. The military escort in the area, which has orders to take the children to and from school to ensure their safety, did nothing during the attack.
On the same day, Israeli settlers from the Hill 833 outpost entered the village of At-Tuwani four times and harassed Palestinians, but Israeli authorities did nothing. Palestinians told CPT members a military commander threatened to tell the settlers to attack the village after the military left the area.—CPT
- Can we embrace both peace and evangelism?
- Confessional evangelism
- Christ and the new atheism
- Gamaliel's God
News stories, digests and Meno Acontecer
- CNN interviews Goshen College students
- CLC responds to Executive Board action
- MC USA proposal affects The Mennonite
- Women in ministry trajectories continue
- Women encouraged to name brokenness, move to healing
- International celebration at Hesston College
- New support for conference ministers
- Partnership launches Spanish-language ezine
- Easter Sunday baptism in Jordan River
- Lanzamiento conjunto de revista electrónica en español
- Israeili settlers attack Palestinian children
- Puerto Rico Mennonites seek funds for office
- Day of prayer and action for Colombia
- Zimbabwe’s post-election future uncertain
- Entonces, ¿Qué es M.E.A. y H.P.L.E.?
- Jóven, ¿Qué quieres para tu vida?
- ¿Sabía usted que…
- Reflexión Pastoral - 2ª Parte
- Encuentro Anual 2008
- Human Smoke, following Jesus, science
- Some young adults stay, some go
- Not proud but pleased, grateful and glad
- And no tribe of Joseph
- No conservative voices
- Responses to March 18 issue
- 606, the Mennonite anthem
- Sunday school class uses discussion guide