Waltner led a good processby Warren L. Tyson, Brownstown, Pa.
Thanks for Sharon Waltner's reflection on changes experienced in Mennonite Church USA during the last two years ("Waltner Completes Two-Year Term as Mennonite Church USA Moderator," June 16). Waltner led a good process. Although I was less than enthusiastic with the one-board idea, the new initiatives of greater shared vision and cooperation between agency directors is a clear winning card out of the process.
I smiled as I viewed the picture of Waltner standing ankle-deep in manure. Hopefully, Waltner will have memories of being moderator that are more than forking "crap" the last two years.
Associated Issue: For I was a stranger - June 16, 2009
Associated Article: Waltner completes her two-year term as Mennonite Church USA moderator
News stories, digests and Meno Acontecer
- MWC Assembly 15 in Asunción, Paraguay
- The future of Mennonite World Conference
- Danisa Ndlovu of Zimbabwe assumes MWC presidency
- Former Paraguayan president attends MWC opening celebration
- Eleven Mennonite World Conference assemblies in a row
- Delegate Assembly passes three resolutions
- Pink Menno Campaign at Columbus
- A family friend's advice: Don't be shy
- Ed Diller is the new MC USA moderator
- Boyd tells youth normalcy is overrated
- Mennos in the News: From Honduras via Goshen: What coup?
- New DOOR opens for Atlanta Dwellers
- Church giving to Mennonite colleges up
- Louisiana family gives back to Akron Church
- Mennonite, Shiite scholars meet in Iran
- Fund for Peoplehood Education awards grants
- A resolution on following Christ and growing together as communities even in conflict
- Resolution on Healthcare Access: Next Step
- Statement against Human Trafficking, modern day slavery
- Observations on 36 years of leadership
- Complex inter-religious dynamics
- Mennonite (de)Central Committee
- Mennonites and governmental politics