Talk to the editor of The Mennoniteby The Mennonite
Everett Thomas, editor of The Mennonite, is answering questions from readers.
Email your questions to email@example.com. Or submit the question as a 'comment' below. You must be a logged in as a user first.
We will publish selected questions and answers on our Web site in September.
Q. What increases my chances of having something in The Mennonite?
Q. How do you decide which press releases to run?
Q. What is the process for writing an editorial?
Q. What is the magazine's current relationship to Mennonite Church USA leaders?
Everett Thomas began as editor of The Mennonite in November 2000 and currently works out of the magazine’s Goshen, Ind., office. Thomas came to The Mennonite after serving 11 years as president of Mennonite Board of Congregational Ministries in Elkhart, Ind.
Thomas graduated from Goshen (Ind.) College in 1972 with a B.A. in English and spent 15 years at Bethany Christian High School in Goshen, first as an English teacher and later as an administrator. Thomas also squeezed three years of seminary courses into 20 years, receiving the M. Div. degree from Associated Mennonite Biblical Seminary in Elkhart in 1998.
Thomas and his wife, Barbara, are members of College Mennonite Church in Goshen and have two young adult children. Thomas also is a member of the Goshen City Council, having first been elected to that office in 1991.
- Together in faith
- A diary of worship and Bible study
- Interpreters: 'The better you do, the less you're noticed'
- Giant cooker assists feeding of the thousands
- Paraguayan Mennonite facts
- Mennonite World Conference's future?
- 'If I don't get paid, I can't say no'
- Singing each other's songs
News stories, digests and Meno Acontecer
- Stutzman named executive director
- WEB EXCLUSIVE: What silent prayer can do
- Talk to the editor of The Mennonite
- How to avoid the 'Styrofoam wars'
- UPDATE: Bartel out as Bethel College president
- CPT trainings attempt to 'undo' sexism
- MWC has new president, vice president
- Third culture kids hold first reunion
- Hispanic Women worship despite economy
- First-generation immigrants build bridges
- Christian Peacemaker Teams work in IDP camp
- MCC had $8 million deficit in 2008-09 year
- EMM send-off also honors trailblazers
- The Corinthian Plan draws 400 so far
- ¡Bienvenidos al Meno Acontecer de septiembre, 2009!
- Cruce de Caminos.
- Seminario Bíblico Anabautista Hispano
- Y tú me diste la Bienvenida: Una consulta del pueblo de Dios sobre la inmigración
- ¡Educación Continuada, octubre 29 al 1 de noviembre!
- ¿Sabía usted que
- ¡Becas en ciencias!
- IBA en las Iglesias - Newton, Kan.
- Resoluciones denominacionales
- Elegido nuevo Director Ejecutivo para la denominación
- Reflexiones Pastorales - 6a parte
- De nuestros lectores y colaboradores ..
- Thirty good seconds on Saturday
- The blessing of a shuttle driver
- Unromantic unity
- Paraguay 2009 singing touches the soul
- Healing, hope and health-care reform.
- PinkMenno campaign crossed lines
- PinkMenno campaign tactics immoral
- Supports PinkMenno campaign
- Appreciated meaningful conversations
- Disagrees with The Mennonite's moratorium
- Vacationaries article is misleading
- Make room for young women to lead
- Formal response to PinkMenno campaign