Wants more obituary informationby Art Smucker, Goshen, Ind.
I note the obits are pretty much alike—do you edit submissions or have a
form you send out? At any rate, the funeral or memorial service seems to be always listed. It would be most helpful to genealogical workers if the name and location of the burial cemetery would be included or cremation indicated if that is the case. Perhaps you have no control over this? But if there is any way to get that extra sentence in, it would be most helpful. I have been using "MennObits" extensively, and love the info that was given in the Gospel Herald obits. This is a most useful resource. I assume entries are still being made. Is that so, and if so, who does it or oversees it?
Editor's note: When obituary information is placed on the form on our website, we send all the information to MennObits, the site maintained by the Mennonite Church USA Historical Committee. This can include information about burial site or cremation. We are limited in the amount of space we can offer free in The Mennonite. However, family members may add additional information and a photo by purchasing the additional space.
- A bridge builder
- In our singing
- Amazing grace that saves Christians
- When you chair the committee
- Unity: A reflection on Ephesians 4:1-16
- The journey is the destination
- Standing in the doorway
- Loving those who annoy you
News stories, digests and Meno Acontecer
- MVS participant killed in bicycle accident
- Sara Wenger Shenk inaugurated as seminary president
- MC USA offices take shape
- Mural captures life of Christ
- MMA gets new addition and new name
- Garden boxes grow more than vegetables
- San Francisco pastor disciplined
- Leaders struggle with Phoenix convention decision
- Executive Board receives conflicting advice on Phoenix convention
- Finding Mennonite Church USA
- New generation of planners feels freedom
- MC Canada confronts Indian schools legacy
- MCC won't coordinate global relief efforts
- CPT report challenges U.S. reading of Iraq
- Mennonite radio program exceeds goals
- Four women leave legacies
- Voluntary vulnerability leads to growth
- ¡Bienvenidos al Meno Acontecer de octubre, 2010!
- Educación Menonita ...
- IBA celebró su retiro anual de estudiantes
- Seminario Bíblico Anabautista Hispano (SeBAH)
- Foro de líderes en Pittsburgh
- ¿Sabía de la lucha de Isabel Castillo?
- Resumen acta reunión directores de MEA
- Oficinas de Newton a consolidar espacios
- ¿Pittsburgh 2011? ¡Allí vamos!
- ¡Nueva Publicación de la Biblioteca Meno!
- Sección de Reflexiones pastorales
- Del pastor Samuel Morán ...
- Del doctor Eliseo Nuñez
- Lessons from 'American Pickers'
- Witnessing for peace within an empire
- Who speaks for me?
- Jesus' way when everyone else is wrong
- And we have no weapon for that
- Readers respond: Should Mennonite Publishing Network plan now a new hymnal by 2016?
- Grace to you
- Talking with each other
- First things first: First give a greeting of peace
- October reviews
- Why do I bother?