Births and marriages - September 2010by The Mennonite
Births - September 2010
Alderfer, Isaiah Ethan, Sept. 4, to Joshua and Natasha Hackman Alderfer, Telford, Pa.
Benroth, Bodey Duane, May 19, to Darby and Jennifer Sommer Benroth, Bluffton, Ohio.
Detweiler, Chase Bryan, July 10, to Anthony and Kara Derstine Detweiler, Harleysville, Pa.
Friesen, Cooper Jacob, Sept. 1, to Shane and Kim Falk Friesen, Altona, Manitoba.
Geiser, Logan Matthew, July 1, to Randy and Amy Ickes Geiser, Kidron, Ohio.
Graber, River Henry, Sept. 2, to Ron and Brandi Backer Graber, Carthage, Mo.
Horst, Avery Grace, Sept. 3, to Kyle and Marta Wissler Horst, Elizabethtown, Pa.
Jantzi, Gabriel Tobias, July 7, to Terry Jantzi and Elizabeth Phelps, Harrisonburg, Va.
Johnson, Caleb Mattias, May 22, to David “Doc” and Sheena Yoder Johnson, Spring Valley, Ill.
Kramer, Genevieve Ann, Aug. 10, to Jarrod and Joani Bottger Kramer, Freeman, S.D.
Leister, Nathan Eli, Sept. 27, to Nathan and Bronwen Souder Leister, Telford, Pa.
May, Noah Reece, Aug. 15, to Nathan and Melodie Bomberger May, Harrisonburg, Va.
Mehl, Christian Richard, Aug. 17, to Any and LeAnn Yoder Mehl, Goshen, Ind.
Montague, Ava Mae, Aug. 5, to Dan and Amanda Montague, Stryker, Ohio.
Niekamp, Kaden Michael, Sept. 15, to Ryan and Kristen McCullough Niekamp, Bluffton, Ohio.
Odhiambo, Narkiso Nyawara, Sept. 8, to Theo and Agnes Odhiambo, Elkhart, Ind.
Simon, Braden Joseph, Sept. 3, to Eric and Kayla Smith Simon, Wauseon, Ohio.
Smoker, Allison Marie and Jaren Lee (twins), Aug. 28, to Jason and Sara Ortman Smoker, Shipshewana, Ind.
Stahl, Luke Andrew, Aug. 17, to Jason and Erin Durrie Stahl, Leawood, Kan.
Timmerman, Rylea Helena Pascale, Sept. 8, to Larry and Nicolle Hofer Timmerman, Bridgewater, S.D.
Wheeler, Karen Li, Aug. 29, to Diek Wheeler and Greta Ann Herin, Harrisonburg, Va.
Marriages - September 2010
Alison/Blake: Ben Alison, Hesston, Kan., and Sarah Blake, Clayton, N.Y., Aug. 7, at the bride's home in Clayton.
Bartholomew/Yoder: Isaac Bartholomew, North Canton, Ohio, and Krystal Yoder, Apple Creek, Ohio, Sept. 10, at Sonnenberg Mennonite Church, Kidron, Ohio.
Bauman/Norris: Michael Bauman, Elmira, Ontario, and Alli Norris, Elmira, Sept. 11 at Hauser Hall, Heidelberg, Ontario.
Bhandari/Hartzler: Suman Bhandari, Kathmandu, Bagmati, Nepal, and Carrie Hartzler, Goshen, Ind., July 23, at College Mennonite Church, Goshen, Ind.
Black/Yoder: Kaitlin Black, Elizabethtown, Pa., and Eric Yoder, Narvon, Pa., Aug. 13, at Landis Valley Museum, Lancaster, Pa.
Bruner/Kauffman: Jordan Bruner, Pettisville, Ohio, and Jenna Kauffman, Wooster, Ohio, June 12, at Sonnenberg Mennonite Church, Kidron, Ohio.
Delphia/Rufenacht: Joseph Delphia, Pittsburgh, Pa., and Cara Rufenacht, Archbold, Ohio, July 10, at Lockport Mennonite Church, Stryker, Ohio.
Diller/Suderman: Erin Diller, Bluffton, Ohio, and Ryan Suderman, Bluffton, June 12, at First Mennonite Church, Bluffton.
Fast/Shantz: Melanie Fast, Kitchener, Ontario, and David Shantz, Bloomingdale, Ontario, Aug. 21, at St. Jacobs Mennonite Church, St. Jacobs, Ontario.
Gingerich/Ross: Logan Gingerich, Wooster, Ohio, and Angela Ross, Apple Creek, Ohio, July 17, at Kidron Evergreen Park, Kidron, Ohio.
Grusenmeyer/Vargo: Joseph Grusenmeyer, Tipp City, Ohio, and Judith Vargo, Niles, Ohio, May 19, at Bumcombe County Courthouse, Asheville, N.C.
Horst/Johnson: Margaret "Grete" Joan Horst, Harrisonburg, Va., and Christopher Schott Johnson, Williamsburg, Va., Sept. 4, at Park View Mennonite Church, Harrisonburg.
Kauffman/Kurtz: Amanda Kauffman, Wooster, Ohio, and Shane Kurtz, Plymouth, Ind., Aug. 14, at OARDC Pavillion, Wooster.
Kerns/Weaver: Jason Kerns, Ohio, and Erin Neufeld Weaver, Bluffton, Ohio, Aug. 7, at First Mennonite Church, Bluffton.
Mamchuk/Voth: Corey Mamchuk, Winnipeg, Manitoba, and Kerensa Voth, Altona, Manitoba, Sept. 18, at Altona Bergthaler Mennonite Church.
Martin/Sibbick: Marjorie Martin, Wellesley, Ontario, and Douglas Sibbick, Wellesley, Sept. 11, at Waterloo North Mennonite Church, Waterloo, Ontario.
Miller/Tovar: Joel Miller, Kidron, Ohio, and Ruth Tovar, La Haciendita, Mexico, Oct. 3, 2009, at La Haciendita.
- The power of story
- Learning another's song
- Young adults dwell together
- Mission as a form of exoticism?
- The past and future of Mennonite youth ministry
- Helping those in the hell of PTSD
- The law of liberty
News stories, digests and Meno Acontecer
- Scottdale Mennonite Church asks MC USA leaders not to abandon MPN building
- MPN-Third Way Media merger approved by MC Canada
- Richard Showalter resigns from Eastern Mennonite Missions
- MC Canada council recommends MPN-Third Way merger
- Canadians feeling 'blindsided' by MPN/Third Way Media merger
- EMU students protest investment practices
- Myers is Mennonite presence at U.S. Homeland Security
- David A. Shank, mission worker on three continents, dies
- Pastors called to preach on death and torture
- Nebraska church displays immigration banners
- No tax exemption for multicultural church
- Mennonites apologize to Native Americans
- MMA, Mennonite Financial are now Everence
- Pittsburgh 2011: a multicultural family reunion
- 'Conversation Room' at Pittsburgh 2011
- Church planters in the wine cellar
- MEDA gets crash course on safety
- ¡Bienvenidos al Meno Acontecer de Noviembre, 2010!
- SeBAH: Seminario Bíblico Anabautista Hispano
- Educación Menonita ....
- Ya viene el retiro anual de tutores de IBA
- Reunión de líderes étnicos en Tampa
- MCC busca Director de Finanzas
- Resumen acta reunión directores de MMA/Everence
- ¿Pittsburgh 2011?? ¡Allí vamos!!
- Sitios Hispanos Menonitas en el Internet - Febrero
- Sección de Reflexiones pastorales ...
- Medicina de Dios para tu salud
- At peace with war? Nope. Just numb.
- Marginality, displacement and mission
- Of silliness and saints
- Confessions of a mellowed preacher
- The Christian Harry Potter
- Speak the good news of Jesus
- Our turn to ask forgiveness
- First things first First go and be reconciled
- November film and book reviews
Births and Marriages
- Holy or Unholy Land?
- Holy or Unholy Land? II
- Holy or Unholy Land? III
- Do we need a new hymnal?
- Do we need a new hymnal? II
- Missionary women were significant
- Racial healing stories
- First things first
- A great Father's Day