Two Palestinians killed, four families homelessby Christian Peacemaker Teams
HEBRON—On Oct. 8, Christian Peacemaker Team members went to the Jabal Johar district of Hebron in response to news that the Israeli military had killed two Palestinians.
CPT workers saw heavy machinery at work just behind a mosque and learned from local people that the military had demolished a three-story building in reprisal for the killings of four Israeli settlers near Kiryat Arba four weeks ago.
The two dead men, thought to be members of the military wing of Hamas, were accused of killing the settlers.
A large crowd of young Palestinian men carried away the body of one of the dead men from the site of the demolished house.
When the young men returned they began throwing rocks at the Israeli Border Police in the street below the apartment and burning tires. The Border Police responded with percussion grenades and later with tear-gas.
After the Israeli soldiers completed the demolition of the house and left, the CPT workers went to the site and discovered it had been home to four families: about 30 people in all.
- Why we pay attention to Jesus
- A different way to possess land
- O little town of Bethlehem
- Humility, humus and humor
- Young adult story collectors
- The most meaningful time of life
- It matters who tells the story
- A day for justice
- The light of the world
News stories, digests and Meno Acontecer
- Remembering Glen Lapp
- Executive Board "leaning toward" Phoenix
- Christmas counterpoint on the far side of the world
- A Veterans Day lesson for this third-grader
- $10.40 for peace
- Mennonite racial/ethnic leaders to meet in January
- One hundred things lighter
- Three Sister Care seminars draw 122
- Belarus immigrant dies
- MCC service workers invest in their communities
- Third Lausanne gathering nets Capetown Commitment
- An introduction to Pittsburgh, site of Convention 2011
- Training leaders brings celebration and challenges
- MC Canada promotes peace through bus ads
- Two Palestinians killed, four families homeless
- The Mennonite's 2011 Photo Contest
- ¡Bienvenidos al Meno Acontecer de Diciembre, 2010!
- Educación menonita Diciembre
- Seminario Bíblico Anabautista Hispano - Diciembre
- SeBAH firma convenio
- IMH Junta General
- Conferencia de UCIM
- Arca de Salvación Fort Myers
- Boda en Fort Myers
- Búsqueda Pastoral en Canadá
- Casa Publicadora y Tercer Camino se unen
- De la Junta Ejecutiva de Mennonite Church USA
- El CCM GL busca Director Ejecutivo
- ¿Pittsburg 2011? ¡Allí vamos!
- Sección de Reflexiones pastorales: Del pastor Andrés Gallardo
- Del Pastor Samuel Morán: 12ª Parte
- Del doctor Nuñez
- ¡Bienvenidos al Meno Acontecer de enero, 2011!
- ¡Perspectiva Diferente!
- Consulta de MEA origina nueva colaboración
- Material de Escuela Dominical para adultos
- Una lección inesperada
- Instructivo del CCM sobre Reclutamiento
- De las Iglesias Menonitas área del CIMH
- Proceso de discernimiento
- ¿Pittsburgh, Pa., 2011? ¡Allí vamos!!!
- Hilos que Sanan: Una historia de Colombia ...
- Reflexión del pastor Andrés Gallardo ... VENCIENDO EL RECHAZO
- Del doctor Nuñez - Enero
- What child is this?
- Lessons from the teachers in my life
- First things first: The first share of the crops
- Mysteries of the flesh
- Therapy junkies in the shadows
- The American religious experience
- The future, here and now
- December reviews
- Why do women say no?
Births and Marriages
- Doubts about merger
- Don't blame the victims
- Death is part of life
- Racists in reverse
- Arizona law and Phoenix convention
- Consumerism and immigration
- Appreciated the poem