Be careful about our beliefsby Daniel Sauder, Pittsgrove, N.J.
I read about Ryan Ahlgrim's survey concerning Anabaptist convictions ("Anglo Anabaptist Congregations in the Cities are Growing," January). I believe Anabaptist convictions have been based on the clear teachings of the Bible. The New Testament has been believed as the final special revelation of Scripture.
One of the themes throughout the Scriptures is the teaching of two kingdoms, the kingdom of light and the kingdom of darkness. I believe the teaching of the two kingdoms is still valid for today. We must beware of and oppose teachings that come from the kingdom of darkness. May we truly have spiritual discernment. May we be careful as to which ideas we name as Anabaptist beliefs/convictions.
Associated Issue: New director begins - January, 2010
Associated Article: Anglo Anabaptist congregations in the cities are growing
- Whispers of resurrection
- Up, out, down
- A paracosmic Millennium
- The Word in worship
- God's realm in and among us
- In March
- The cost of medicines
- My testimony
News stories, digests and Meno Acontecer
- MC USA receives $3 million surprise
- Web exclusive: John Howard Yoder's 'irresponsibility'?
- MMA to change name
- MCC leaders respond to MC USA moderator
- Review: Avatar lays groundwork for peaceful solutions
- Franconia's plan to dismiss staff on hold
- Moderator questions MCC
- CPT founding director Gene Stoltzfus dies
- Goshen College announces plans for national anthem's implementation
- Mennonite providers get update on health-care legislation
- Mennonite artist creates icons
- A nurse describes her two weeks in Haiti
- News Briefs - March 2010
- Festival celebrates 300 years in Lancaster
- Burkholder's dissertation 'all but banned'
- Brenneman calls for new 'school of thought'
- Survey: more women in leadership but still not enough
- MDS trailer stolen Jan. 5, worth over $10,000
- Resources - March, 2010
- Births and Marriages - 2010
- Inattention blindness
- Living the in-between
- Tenderly name others
- God's avatar
- Developing leadership for the church
- 'They seek a city'
- Ceaseless generosity
- First things first: Seek God's wisdom
- Lent reorients us
- How could they do such a thing?
- How justify special privileges?
- Ethnicity should be celebrated
- Jesus did not know everything
- Saddened by national anthem
- Be careful about our beliefs
- Latent dynamics gone
- Lacks spirit of unity
- Time to get behind Stutzman
- Richly blessed by every article