MCC partners in Congo injured in attackby Mennonite Central Committee
AKRON, Pa.—Staff members of a Mennonite Central Committee partner organization in the eastern part of the Democratic Republic of the Congo were injured when their vehicle was ambushed by armed men March 20. The group of six men and women was returning to the city of Bukavu in South Kivu province after visiting a site designated for a humanitarian aid project in cooperation with MCC. They work with the Ministry for Refugees and Emergencies, a department of the Church of Christ in Congo, which is known by its French acronym ECC. ECC is a national council of churches that includes Congolese Mennonites. The men and women were beaten, slashed with knives and robbed before being released. The two women in the group were hospitalized with knife cuts and serious bruises.
- CURRENT ISSUE: Cookies for Nicholas
- I believe in the Holy Spirit
- Neighbors in Iraq
- From confusion to comprehension
- Helping children live counterculturally
- Navigating in a sea of change
- Message from above
News stories, digests and Meno Acontecer
- NEWS ANALYSIS: Getting serious about being missional
- Arizona immigration bill calls into question location for Convention 2013
- Central Plains hosts hermeneutics seminar
- Group questions Elkhart, Ind., building project
- One youth group generated six pastors
- The Mennonite wins four awards from ACP
- MCC leaders respond to MC USA's concerns
- Johnstown church forgives ex-pastor
- Reframing the immigration debate
- MCC partners in Congo injured in attack
- Dispersed staff helps all of MC USA
- Twilight for campus legal codes?
- Scandinavian Mennonites gather for first time
- ¡Bienvenidos al Meno Acontecer de mayo, 2010!
- Un momento en la Educación Menonita
- SeBAH comienza clases en mayo
- Educación Continuada 2010
- Trabajo conjunto de conferencias en NY
- ¡Nuevo libro!
- Se reúnen damas hispanas menonitas de NY
- CEB gradúa estudiantes en Huatabampo, México
- Servicio Memorial de Joe Rosa
- De nuestros lectores y colaboradores.
- Del doctor Nuñez ... ENFERMEDADES DEL ALMA
- Asamblea Bienal 2010 de la IMH
- First things first Love God and neighbor
- Risk management
- Entering God's time, full-bodied
- May reviews
- Preparing for Pittsburgh
- Happiness is not the only thing
- What is a radical yea-sayer?
- Year-round stewardship for congregations
Births and Marriages
- Nourishment from dissertation
- Article needed balance
- The likelihood of conflict
- The passing of Gene Stoltzfus
- Cannot know timetable
- Warns of military recruiters
- Why publish this article?
- Jesus did not need teaching
- Misses Pontius’ Puddle
- Addresses of puzzlers
- Easter issue