The passing of Gene Stoltzfusby Rick Stiffney, Peter Lumsdaine
I was a colleague with Gene ("CPT Founder Stoltzfus Dies," April). He was leading the Mennonite Voluntary Service program for General Conference Mennonite Church while I worked with the Mennonite Board of Mission's Voluntary Service program. His death is sad news.—Rick Stiffney, Goshen, Ind.
After receiving the sad news of Gene’s passing, I wrote and sent a letter to our national ARROWS (Alliance to Resist Robotic Warfare & Society) list. In honoring Gene’s decades of incredible service, it is worth noting the important but perhaps little-known role he played in the final year of his life, helping cofound ARROWS, a new national and international network of concern and nonviolent resistance to the rise of the robotic warfare system in the 21st century.
In sorrow at Gene's passing and joy at the gift of his amazing life.—Peter Lumsdaine, Boise, Idaho
Associated Issue: Ted Swartz moves on - April ,2010
Associated Article: CPT founding director Gene Stoltzfus dies
- CURRENT ISSUE: Cookies for Nicholas
- I believe in the Holy Spirit
- Neighbors in Iraq
- From confusion to comprehension
- Helping children live counterculturally
- Navigating in a sea of change
- Message from above
News stories, digests and Meno Acontecer
- NEWS ANALYSIS: Getting serious about being missional
- Arizona immigration bill calls into question location for Convention 2013
- Central Plains hosts hermeneutics seminar
- Group questions Elkhart, Ind., building project
- One youth group generated six pastors
- The Mennonite wins four awards from ACP
- MCC leaders respond to MC USA's concerns
- Johnstown church forgives ex-pastor
- Reframing the immigration debate
- MCC partners in Congo injured in attack
- Dispersed staff helps all of MC USA
- Twilight for campus legal codes?
- Scandinavian Mennonites gather for first time
- ¡Bienvenidos al Meno Acontecer de mayo, 2010!
- Un momento en la Educación Menonita
- SeBAH comienza clases en mayo
- Educación Continuada 2010
- Trabajo conjunto de conferencias en NY
- ¡Nuevo libro!
- Se reúnen damas hispanas menonitas de NY
- CEB gradúa estudiantes en Huatabampo, México
- Servicio Memorial de Joe Rosa
- De nuestros lectores y colaboradores.
- Del doctor Nuñez ... ENFERMEDADES DEL ALMA
- Asamblea Bienal 2010 de la IMH
- First things first Love God and neighbor
- Risk management
- Entering God's time, full-bodied
- May reviews
- Preparing for Pittsburgh
- Happiness is not the only thing
- What is a radical yea-sayer?
- Year-round stewardship for congregations