Births and marriages - January 2011by The Mennonite
Births - January 2011
Bishop, Andrew Alderfer, Jan. 5, to Zachary Bishop and Christina Alderfer, Denver, Colo.
Blount, Ryan Everett, Jan. 12, to Phil and Amy Mackey Blount, Bluffton, Ohio.
Braun, Hannah Marie, Jan. 26, to Dave and Gena Braun, Waterloo, Ontario.
Brenneman, Samuel Jay, Jan. 12, to Ryan Brenneman and Michelle Ruth Thomas, Union, Mich.
Brubaker, Cian Montgomery, April 14, 2010, to Jay Brubaker and Meredith Montgomery, Indianapolis, Ind.
Crockett, William Oliver, Jan. 25, to Will and Cassie Deputy Crockett, Bridgewater, Va.
Dillner, Donovan Grant, Oct. 12, 2010, to Justin and Nicole Dillner, Hesston, Kan.
Gingerich, Brooklyn Kathleen, Jan. 7, to Aaron and Jolene Ropp Gingerich, Kalona, Iowa.
Hofstetter, Tylan Andrew, Jan. 29, to Karl and Sonia Hofstetter, Hesston, Kan.
Laux, Decla Kessalyn, Jan. 20, to Ryan and Sheila Lehman Laux, Canton, Ohio.
Martin, Jacob Mark, June 21, 2010, to Joshua and Bethany Smucker Martin, Indianapolis, Ind.
McLain, Naomi Elizabeth, Jan. 28, to Jeffrey and Katherine Johnson McLain, Huntington Beach, Calif.
Miller, Claire Noelle, Dec. 27, 2010, to Will and Emily Swartzendruber Miller, Kalona, Iowa.
Miller, Sullivan John, Jan. 19, to Mark and Ashley Sauder Miller, Harrisonburg, Va.
Shahan, Sofia Grace, Jan. 29, to Garrett and Charity Miller Shahan, Harrisonburg, Va.
Slipke, April Dawn, Dec. 29, 2010, to Alan and Phyllis Nickel Slipke, Topeka, Kan.
Unruh, Caleb Daniel, Jan. 4, to Matt and Andrea Unruh, Hesston, Kan.
White, Henry Isaiah, Sept. 20, 2010, to Kris and Megan Mowery White, Hesston, Kan.
Marriages - January 2011
Horst/Sommers: Michael Horst, Harrisonburg, Va., and Simone Sommers, Elkhart, Ind., Jan. 1, at Little Eden, Traverse City, Mich.
- Lawrence Hart's visions of peace
- Life hurts
- The legacy of Mennonite education
- A family affair: Mennonite education includes family members across generations
- Training pastors for the church
- The Underground Railroad story in quilts
News stories, digests and Meno Acontecer
- Goshen College student assaulted
- Ninety leaders of color gather in Tampa
- Soto Albrecht nominated for moderator-elect
- Tucson congregation touched by shooting
- Convention 2013 will be held in Phoenix
- CPT joins IMH in abstaining from Convention 2013 if held in Arizona
- Bluffton's insurers liable in 2007 crash
- Hispanic leaders release letter about Phoenix convention
- Shirk uses her French, Creole to help Haitians
- Mennonite couple opens winery in Virginia
- Top 10 Mennonite Church USA events in 2010
- Churches host art galleries for First Fridays
- Thousands of unique visitors
- South Korean partners pave way of peace
- Young adults hooked on convention
- Oaklawn expands
- Bethel sees greatest enrollment increase
- Prestigious gathering features Mennonite scholars
- Investing in hope: In the name of Jesus
- Seeking direction
- Is the Mennonite church a peace church?
- It's time for a new 'young adult litany'
- Church baby
- Resolve in the new year
- Transforming the world
- Books on trust, worship, Bible, ecology
- January film and book reviews
Births and Marriages