Births and marriages - August 2011by The Mennonite
Births - August 2011
Abdul, Hayes William, July 14, to David and Nicole Shilling Abdul, Hartville, Ohio.
Bauman, Cassidy Scarlett, July 26, to Randy and Jackie Martin Bauman, Elmira, Ontario.
Coblentz, Jeremiah Elijah, July 25, to Kevin and Julia Coblentz, Uniontown, Ohio.
Conrad, Brinley Maree, June 13, to Ronald and Christina Stutzman, Wayland, Iowa.
Groff, Miriam Moyer, June 10, to Jamey and Gen Moyer Groff, Harrisonburg, Va.
Hall, Mason Alexander, May 20, to Mike and Cindy Kurtz Hall, Hartville, Ohio.
Harman, Pace Elizabeth, Aug. 4, to Hans and Sarah Link Harman, Harrisonburg, Va.
King, Karolina Grace, July 23, to Matthew and Melissa Buckwalter King, Atglen, Pa.
Kooker, Sauyer Ray, Feb. 28, to Zach and Mary Wittmer Kooker, Dalton, Ohio.
Kratz, Benjamin Tate, Jan. 5, to Jonathan and Tamara Greaser Kratz, Harrisonburg, Va.
Landis Jha, Navya, July 2, to Anuraj and Jill Landis Jha, New York, N.Y.
Lusby, Darren Jeffrey and Judd Paul (twins), Aug. 30, to Joe and Kristen Lapp Lusby, Atglen, Pa.
Mayer, Brantley Michael, Aug. 8, to Eric and Jenny Mast Mayer, Sarasota, Fla.
Miller, Henry James, Aug. 19, to Jimmy and Kari Suter Miller, Elkton, Va.
Paserba, Elias Dean, Aug. 16, to Michael and Denise Snook Paserba, Mount Crawford, Va.
Petitte, Addyson Joy, Aug. 12, to Ron and Laura Taylor Petitte, Orrville, Ohio.
Preston, Greta Jean, Feb. 1, to Nahum and Abby Hershberger Preston, Akron, Ohio.
Sents, Addison Ruth, Aug. 21, to Eric and Stephanie Walton Sents, Harrisonburg, Va.
Shifflet, Evalee Marie, July 29, to T.C. and Lauren Benner Shifflet, Harrisonburg, Va.
Shoemaker, Elena Cate, Aug. 22, to Tim and Tama Duncan Shoemaker, Harrisonburg, Va.
Weber, Eleanor Margaret Brubacher, Sept. 5, to Heidi Brubacher and Travis Weber, Waterloo, Ontario.
Yoder, Orin Gray, June 6, to Matthew and Shawna Stutzman, Yoder, Ritzville, Wash.
Zercher, Will Jacob, May 3, to Charlie and Trisha Zercher, Nappanee, Ind.
Zook, Harper June, Feb. 11, to Craig and Sharisa Zook, Broadway, Va.
Marriages - August 2011
Baker/Bergey: Alycia Baker, Telford, Pa., and Micah Bergey, Telford, Aug. 27, at Franconia Mennonite Church, Telford.
Barta/Wittenbel: Brandon Barta, Sioux Falls, S.D., and Jaime Wittenbel, Sioux Falls, Aug. 19, at All Saints Chapel, Sioux Falls.
Cox/Ediger: Gabe Cox, Weskan, Kan., and Jenna Ediger, Inman, Kan., June 4, at Bethel Mennonite Church, Inman.
Edwards/Gindlesberger: J.C. Edwards, Apple Creek, Ohio, and Samantha
Gindlesberger, Apple Creek, June 18, at Sonnenberg Mennonite Church, Kidron, Ohio
Eshleman/Hill: Matthew Eshleman, Apple Creek, Ohio, and Amanda Hill, Ashland, Ohio, June 11, at Sonnenberg Mennonite Church, Kidron, Ohio.
Fitzgerald/Myers: Eric Fitzgerald, Staunton, Va., and Jessica Myers, Harrisonburg, Va., July 23, at Park View Mennonite Church, Harrisonburg.
Gingerich/Hanno: Clinton Gingerich, Riverside, Iowa, and Hillary Hanno, Sioux City, Iowa, Aug. 6, at St. Michael’s Church, SiouxCity.
Lehman/Ruth: Laura Lehman, Harrisonburg, Va., and Ben Ruth, Harleysville, Pa., July 16, at Zion Mennonite Church, Broadway, Va.
Litwiller/Tjader: Alyssa Litwiller, Parnell, Iowa, and Fredrik Tjader, Jokkmokk, Sweden, Aug. 13, in Jokkmokk.
Mammen/Miller: Jerry Mammen, Federal Way, Wash., and Melissa Miller, Sarasota, Fla., Aug. 20, at Bayshore Mennonite Church, Sarasota.
Ranck/Rice: Adam Ranck, Lancaster, Pa., and Megan Rice, Perkasie, Pa., July 30, at Deep Run Mennonite, Perkasie.
Ritter/Schantz: Jason Ritter, Harrisonburg, Va., and Samantha Schantz, Watertown, N.Y., Aug. 7, at Daytona Beach, Fla.
Troyer/Weaver: Weston Troyer, Goshen, Ind., and Collette Weaver, Goshen, July 30, at Yellow Creek Mennonite Church, Goshen.
- Gifts handed down
- Saturday nights
- Reading books, meditating and eating walnuts
- True evangelical faith and the gospel of peace
- Mennonite play
- As you go ... are you preaching or walking?
- What I learned from my students
- The purpose of illness
- Redeeming failure
News stories, digests and Meno Acontecer
- Dealing with Jim Miller's death
- First-time Advent dance offered to churches
- Miller memorial service draws 900
- Menno Ipsum
- Goshen home invasion scene still closed
- Goshen College professor killed, wife wounded in home invasion
- 50 years of mowing lawns and plowing snow
- Breaking the incarceration cycle
- News Analysis: 150 years after U.S. Civil War
- EMU alum wins Nobel Peace Prize
- Women empowering other women
- García to succeed Miller at Mennonite World Conference
- Executive Board faces shortfall
- Young Canadian ministry worker dies suddenly
- That will be one Groupee
- Peace and reconciliation in war-torn Ivory Coast
- News Briefs
- Sommers heads wall hangings project
- An open DOOR in the city
- Canadians commit $7.8 million to drought
- ¡Bienvenidos al Meno Acontecer de Octubre, 2011!
- Educación ¿cara?
- Seminario Bíblico Hispano
- Retiro de estudiantes de IBA
- IBA Intensivo en Riverside, Calif.
- Un trabajo de verano diferente ...
- ¡Atención estudiantes de secundaria!
- ¿Dificultades financieras?
- ¡Recurso gratuito!
- AMBS busca ...
- Reflexión pastoral - Octubre 2011
- Del Dr. Nuñez - CONCLUSION
- Photo Contest 2012
- Congregations as ministry greenhouses
- A world I could not have imagined
- Beauty and faith in Paul Simon's music
- Is MCC revisioning only for insiders?
- One approach to money, faith and work
- Families: Where torment and transcendence mix
- A resolution on church statements
- Investing in hope: The hope that saves us
Births and Marriages
- Volunteers must also pay?
- Pittsburgh 2011 convention
- Three bridges from Pittsburgh
- The 'silenced middle'
- Ancestors were illegal immigrants