Prosecutor says rape did not happenby The Mennonite staff
On March 14, The Elkhart Truth reported that a former Goshen (Ind.) College student reported a sexual assault near the campus on Jan. 18 that did not occur. Curtis T. Hill, Elkhart County, Ind., prosecutor, is filing felony obstruction charges against Jessica De La Vega. She admitted to the police that the rape didn't happen, according to Hill. She was in another county at the time.
For more information, click here for eTruth article.
Read original story from Goshen College here.
- Organizor extraordinaire for God
- The curved cross
- Ambassadors of reconciliation
- Special needs, special abilities
- The bus ride
- What brings you to convention?
- Pittsburgh 2011: What to know
- Mennonite Historical Committee: Celebrating 100 years of history
- Reflections from Columbus 2009
- Pittsburgh 2011 youth gathering
- Pittsburgh 2011 children's and junior youth gatherings
News stories, digests and Meno Acontecer
- Workers report from Japan
- Goshen College radio station named best college station in the nation
- Japanese Anabaptist churches safe, but communications cut to one house church
- Prosecutor says rape did not happen
- Mission Network workers, associates safe in Japan
- Third Way Cafe traffic spikes after press conference
- A test or a 'city of God' moment?
- MC USA leaders stand against Indiana immigration bill
- MC USA agencies resist Indiana bill
- The Corinthian Plan's first year is a success
- MDS cuts budget to reflect new realities, original vision
- Young leaders launch new network
- Institutions are returning to the church
- Convention 2011 goes green
- German young adults serve in the United States
- Carolyn Heggen new Sister Care co-facilitator
- ¡Bienvenidos al Meno Acontecer de Marzo, 2011!
- Educación: una inversión sabia
- Orientación de SeBAH para CoB
- Luz del Evangelio crece y construye
- Conferencia Femenil de la IMH
- IDA es recibida por la Conferencia
- Nuevo templo para Arca de Salvación
- ¿Pittsburg 2011? ¡Allí vamos!!!
- ECAP en busca de co-director
- Del doctor Nuñez ... Conclusión de la serie
- Editing history to make it nicer
- Help for Sudan's Christians
- Take the leap
- Investing in Hope: Hope = trouble + grace
- An exemplary discernment process
- A year of surprises
- A sense of belonging
- The 'good old days'
- March film and book reviews
Births and Marriages
- Thanks for Sharon's faithfulness
- It's Calvinism, not Anabaptism
- Wrong name
- Thank you, Martha
- Let us not further divide ourselves
- Some history should be grieved
- Changed by experience
- Mennonites and alcohol