Thanks for Sharon's faithfulnessby Lewis Miller, Beemer, Neb.
Thanks to Joanna Shenk for the article affirming the calling and ministry of Sharon Kennel ("On a Different Track," February). I am one who has benefited immensely from Sharon's gifts of ministry. Her gentle strength and servant heart have provided encouragement and support in navigating the many aspects of congregational ministry. Through celebration and lament, she has given unselfishly of her time, energy and wise counsel as she has shared her love for Christ and the church.
Our journey of life is shaped by many decisions and relationships. I am grateful for Sharon's willingness to answer God's call to ministry, for her husband Cecil's support and for those who recognized her gifts and nudged her forward.
These responses to God's activity have shaped my life and the lives of others and continue to bear fruit. I hope this story will encourage people to take the next step in the adventure of ministry.
Associated Issue: On a different track - February 2011
Associated Article: On a different track
- Organizor extraordinaire for God
- The curved cross
- Ambassadors of reconciliation
- Special needs, special abilities
- The bus ride
- What brings you to convention?
- Pittsburgh 2011: What to know
- Mennonite Historical Committee: Celebrating 100 years of history
- Reflections from Columbus 2009
- Pittsburgh 2011 youth gathering
- Pittsburgh 2011 children's and junior youth gatherings
News stories, digests and Meno Acontecer
- Workers report from Japan
- Goshen College radio station named best college station in the nation
- Japanese Anabaptist churches safe, but communications cut to one house church
- Prosecutor says rape did not happen
- Mission Network workers, associates safe in Japan
- Third Way Cafe traffic spikes after press conference
- A test or a 'city of God' moment?
- MC USA leaders stand against Indiana immigration bill
- MC USA agencies resist Indiana bill
- The Corinthian Plan's first year is a success
- MDS cuts budget to reflect new realities, original vision
- Young leaders launch new network
- Institutions are returning to the church
- Convention 2011 goes green
- German young adults serve in the United States
- Carolyn Heggen new Sister Care co-facilitator
- ¡Bienvenidos al Meno Acontecer de Marzo, 2011!
- Educación: una inversión sabia
- Orientación de SeBAH para CoB
- Luz del Evangelio crece y construye
- Conferencia Femenil de la IMH
- IDA es recibida por la Conferencia
- Nuevo templo para Arca de Salvación
- ¿Pittsburg 2011? ¡Allí vamos!!!
- ECAP en busca de co-director
- Del doctor Nuñez ... Conclusión de la serie
- Editing history to make it nicer
- Help for Sudan's Christians
- Take the leap
- Investing in Hope: Hope = trouble + grace
- An exemplary discernment process
- A year of surprises
- A sense of belonging
- The 'good old days'
- March film and book reviews