Seven awards for The Mennoniteby The Mennonite
At the Associated Church Press’ annual awards ceremony in Chicago on April 29, The Mennonite received seven awards for journalistic excellence. The seven awards matched a previous record set by The Mennonite in 2009.
Editor Everett J. Thomas received the award of excellence for “Words for Worship,” his September 2010 profile of Marlene Kropf (pictured), and poet Tania Runyan received an award of excellence for her poem, “After the Annunciation” (April 2010).
Eileen Ahearn received the second place award of merit for “Helping Those in the Hell of PTSD” (November 2010).
The Mennonite’s designer, Dee Birkey received an honorable mention for her July 2010 cover, “Love, Sex and Marriage.”
Susan Ortman Goerring received an honorable mention award for her devotional article “Unity” (October 2010), Penelope Adams Moon received an honorable mention for her February 2010 self-portrait, “The Push and Pull of Faith,” and Katarina Friesen received honorable mention for her poem, “An Ethiopian Mennonite Shares the Pulpit” (February 2010).
The Associated Church Press is the oldest press association for church publications in North America and has 110 members. The 2010 convention was held jointly with the Canadian Church Press association April 27-29.
- Mother mourning
- Subversive women in the genealogy of Jesus
- Choosing to preach Christ
- Longed-for rain
- Honoring mother
- A letter to my daughter
- Wise men and subversive women
- Ironies and outrages: fasting to protest budget cuts to the poor
- Parenting as spiritual discipline
- All things new
- Early challenges to capital punishment
News stories, digests and Meno Acontecer
- TMail readers want news
- Four priorities may expand to seven
- No disciplinary action for WDC pastor
- Alcohol: A gift from God
- Tanzanian president orders 1,000 books by Shenk
- César García appointed general secretary of MWC
- MDS director shocked by tornado damage in Alabama
- WEB EXCLUSIVE: Meditation on the killing of bin Laden
- Seven awards for The Mennonite
- Young adults and retirees connect in Tucson
- Why are gas prices so low?
- MDS begins tornado clean up in rural Oklahoma
- SALTer learns Arabic sign language and Braille
- Ministering to CEOs and those living in poverty
- Digital edition coming
- News Briefs - May
- First certified Anabaptist educator
- Director of transformative peacemaking named
- Investing in hope: The hope encouraged by Scripture
- Must wars be fought to bring about peace?
- Ministry and money
- Beware of Big Brother and bias
- Are you a smart phone?
- Unconventional conventions?
- Conflicts without violence
- May film and book reviews
- Help for Sudan's Christians
- Are song books tainted?
- Pacifism needs updating
- What about guns?
- Few resolutions
- Mennonites and alcohol