Few resolutionsby Eber Rice Smucker, Goshen, Ind.
Regarding “‘Pittsburgh Experiment’ May Mean Few Resolutions” (April): Since it is a dramatic departure from accepted practice and since it will be difficult to ensure that all delegates have sufficiently integrated the impact of the proposed “Pittsburgh Experiment,” it would be more prudent to wait until the 2013 convention to implement this.
Groups that intend to network with others of like mind from distant locations across the church may find prohibitive the logistics of getting consensus from their group to draft a joint resolution ahead of time. Since the impact on the Delegate Assembly is akin to a constitutional revision, two years are warranted to implement such a major course correction.
Associated Issue: A woman of wisdom and grace - April 2011
Associated Article: 'Pittsburgh Experiment' may mean few resolutions
- Mother mourning
- Subversive women in the genealogy of Jesus
- Choosing to preach Christ
- Longed-for rain
- Honoring mother
- A letter to my daughter
- Wise men and subversive women
- Ironies and outrages: fasting to protest budget cuts to the poor
- Parenting as spiritual discipline
- All things new
- Early challenges to capital punishment
News stories, digests and Meno Acontecer
- TMail readers want news
- Four priorities may expand to seven
- No disciplinary action for WDC pastor
- Alcohol: A gift from God
- Tanzanian president orders 1,000 books by Shenk
- César García appointed general secretary of MWC
- MDS director shocked by tornado damage in Alabama
- WEB EXCLUSIVE: Meditation on the killing of bin Laden
- Seven awards for The Mennonite
- Young adults and retirees connect in Tucson
- Why are gas prices so low?
- MDS begins tornado clean up in rural Oklahoma
- SALTer learns Arabic sign language and Braille
- Ministering to CEOs and those living in poverty
- Digital edition coming
- News Briefs - May
- First certified Anabaptist educator
- Director of transformative peacemaking named
- Investing in hope: The hope encouraged by Scripture
- Must wars be fought to bring about peace?
- Ministry and money
- Beware of Big Brother and bias
- Are you a smart phone?
- Unconventional conventions?
- Conflicts without violence
- May film and book reviews