Spaulding dismissal IIby Lonnie Buerge, Kansas City, Mo.
I read the May issue, as I always do, with interest and expectation. I was struck by the comments of the executive director on page 63, where he wrote that he would “not give a nickel for church unity based solely on common bloodlines. ... ” I agree. However, on page 48 of the same issue, he rejects the gifts of a talented, committed man simply because he loves another man. I guess if the executive director won’t “give a nickel” for a partially inclusive church, I’ll offer a dollar for one that is fully inclusive of all Anabaptist believers.
Associated Issue: Mother mourning - May 2011
Associated Article: Investing in hope: The hope encouraged by Scripture
- 10 years later ...
- Q & A: Dorothy and John
- To obey or not to obey
- A witness to war
- The power of nonshootout
- Love the church
- Stewards of grace
News stories, digests and Meno Acontecer
- EMM board appoints Nelson Okanya as new president
- Digital bridge at Pittsburgh increases participation by 42 percent
- Theologian Gordon Kaufman dies at 86
- Kidron pastor threatened with note and nooses
- Pittsburgh Mayor still talking
- Opinion: Confessions of a white anti-racist
- MC USA funding system not working
- Mennonite Healthcare Fellowship launches
- Conversation rooms help to build a strong convention bridge
- Pittsburgh 2011 delegates decide to experiment
- Children collect money for day care
- When bridges lead to a 'new creation'
- Q&A between young adults and Executive Board
- Film provokes discussion of immigration
- Gospel challenge: 'Be all you can be'
- Pink Mennos focus on healing and hope
- Ted Swartz reconciles loss of acting partner
- Hipps calls for reconciliation over promoting justice or purity
- Executive Board hears immigration concerns
- Banks first Mennonite woman ordained in NYC in 100 years
- DNA connects Swiss, Puerto Rican Mennonites
- Unflagging patriotism
- For the Ordination of Minister Addie Sanders Banks
- Fewer churches leaving Mennonite Church USA
- Second accident for Bluffton bus accident survivor
- 'Peace Pastor' blog reaches thousands
- Noticed and welcomed or invisible and lonely?
- South African elder celebrates learning
- Endowment to expand pastoral development
- Official account of Spaulding dismissal
- MCC Binational to disband in 2012
- Mennonites speak at peace convocation
- Especial de Meno Acontecer Julio 18, 2011
- Iglesia Menonita Hispana - Julio
- AMBS busca registrador académico
- Proyecto La Voz
- Pittsburgh 2011
- ¡Bienvenidos al Meno Acontecer de Agosto, 2011!
- Joven ¿esperanza, futuro, educación?
- Retiro anual de estudiantes de IBA - Septiembre
- Conferencia Femenil Hispana Menonita
- Educación Continuada 2011 ...
- Recursos de estudio para la congregación
- Nuevo recurso de Dionisio Byler
- Reflexión pastoral - Agosto
- Del Dr. Nuñez
- Our good idols
- Investing in hope: Desolation and consolation
- Death makes me angry
- Christian mission is not exotic
- Freedom Riders remind us of racism
- There is a time for departure
- The Pittsburgh experiment
- July book and film reviews
- Determination and perseverance