Sowing doubts about Confessionby Tom Miller, Kenny Moore, David Pegarella, Jim Snyder, Jim Weick, Brian Martin, Bruce Sauder, Kenneth Martin and Carl Sensenig
We appreciate our Mennonite Confession of Faith in a Mennonite Perspective as a faithful interpretation and application of the Holy Scriptures. For example, Article 19 declares, "We believe that God intends marriage to be a covenant between one man and one woman for life."
For us, as church leaders in the Weaverland-Northeast District of the Lancaster (Pa.) Mennonite Conference, this "we believe" in our confession of faith is an acknowledgement of authoritative truth.
The article by C. Norman Kraus ("A Resolution on Church Statements," May) is one example of thinking that raises doubts about our confession of faith. Against the tide of cultural change, we encourage Mennonite pastors and congregations to continue to uphold biblical truth, including the divine plan for marriage between one man and one woman (see Matthew 19:4-6).
Associated Issue: Tillie Yoder Nauraine's courage and persistence - May 2012
Associated Article: A resolution on Mennonite church statements
- Full circle
- The juvenilization of American Christianity
- Untamed tiger
- Christian patriots
- Who can stand against it?
- Simplistic gospel
- Never again
News stories, digests and Meno Acontecer
- Geiser, partner killed in Afghanistan
- Michelle Armster on leadership, women and the church
- Phoenix 2013 less than one year away
- Theology and new social media
- Ash Creek Fire on Northern Cheyenne Reservation largely ignored
- WDC amends one resolution, tables another
- Survey shows Mennonite Church USA spread
- Wildfires near churches in Colorado, Montana
- Phoenix police chief responds to Supreme Court decision
- NEWS ANALYSIS: How are we doing as a peace church?
- Church gets surgery for woman with mouth tumor
- Feeding cattle for the church
- MDS ends seven-year recovery effort in New Orleans
- MWC looks for clarity about Anabaptist vision
- AMBS and Bethel complete graduations
- Pastoring in dangerous Bogotá neighborhood
- Lancaster, Pa., pilgrims visit Israel
- Swiss Anabaptist history still powerful
- ¡Bienvenidos al Meno Acontecer de Julio, 2012!
- Opciones y desafíos
- Graduaciones Garífunas de IBA
- Ahora, IBA en Colorado Springs
- IMH, Recursos para su iglesia
- Estudios Bíblicos para Adultos
- Everence comunica
- Servicio gratuito de consejería sobre deudas
- Del Dr. Nuñez: AFECCIONES DIGESTIVAS ...
- Signposts: A diverse community
- Politics on Palm Sunday and today
- Menno warrior
- Books for instruction and inspiration
- Let's engage Love Wins wisely
- In praise of translators
- A balance of authority
- Loneliness and solitude
- July 2012 reviews
- Resources - July 2012